Tony and Me

Tony and Me
Mommy and Daddy!!!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Getting Ready to GO!!!!!!

Wow...since receiving our referral for precious Sophie, time sure has flown!  We were told that we would get our travel approval (TA) from China in 2-3 weeks from our referral date...and it was VERY close!  A week ago this past Thursday...04/28/11, our travel approval arrived......WOOOHOOO!!!!!!  Since then,we have been getting paperwork together, buying LOTS of stuff for baby...getting our medications together that the baby or we may or may not need...(a small pharmacy will be going with us to China!  Ha!)...getting our travel itenerary set up...having MANY...crying...excited...very HAPPY emotional episodes....just ask Tony...my ever present, calm, rock of a husband...ha!...OH  and we have been PACKING...or let me say...TRYING to fit everything but the kitchen sink into two suitcases and two carry ons!...HA!!!!  Sometimes I just can't believe that this amazing dream that Tony and I have had for sooo long is actually coming true!!! God's timing is sooo perfect...and let me tell you...God has worked everything out sooo perfectly as well.  He has given us an amazing China coordinator...Michelle Bond.  She has helped us to make sure that we will have everything that we need to get our little one home safely...she truly cares for us and stays up all hours to ensure that everything, all of the paperwork and planning is coming along as it should.  Thank you Michelle!  You are an amazing, wonderful, caring person who has helped us fulfill our dream to be parents...to an amazing,beautiful baby girl! and ...THANK YOU GOD!!!!  Praise Him for His amazing plan for our lives!   My plans are so unbelievably insignificant and pale in comparison to the AWESOME plans that He has for me...I could never have chosen a more perfect little person to be my child, my angel, my beautiful baby girl.  Ok...now I am going to cry again...ha!  We leave on Wednesday 05/11/11 to fly to Beijing.  Sophie is in the Nanchang area and we will be flying from Beijing to Nanchang on Sunday 05/15/11  and will get her after we arrive that afternoon in Nanchang....BUT...this is what I have figured out....China is a half a day ahead of us in the US... and my birthday is on the 14th...soooo it still may be my birthday in the US when we get Sophie!!!(and even if it is already the 15th in the US...   HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!  BESTEST present ever!)  I am sooo excited.  Can you tell???...and Mom is getting to go as well...how wonderful is that!!!! She actually gets to be in the "DELIVERY" room with me and Tony!   Boy, I am just oooozing with mushiness...haha!!!  Gosh...I gotta go...MUCH packing left ot do!!!  Please keep us in your prayers.  The next few weeks are going to be filled with much joyous activity!  We are going to try to post pictures and events while we are there...WOW...Tony and I are REALLY gonna be Daddy and Mommy...and SOON!!!!  YEA!!!!!

2 comments: