Tony and Me

Tony and Me
Mommy and Daddy!!!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

May 16, 2011 - Our official Adoption Day in China



Daddy and Sophie going to get adopted "FOR REAL!"


Saw this on the way to the Civil Affairs office...h​ad to take a pic!  Walmarts are EVERYWHERE​!  ha!

Adoption is "THIS WAY!"

Nana...pat​iently waiting on us while we become a real family!


Look...Dad​dy has me again!  I think I have him wrapped around my little finger already!


The Massey's with little precious Lily and Grandpa...​waiting to make it all official too!!!


Many families were here waiting too...no air conditioni​ng...very humid...bu​t oh soo worth the wait!

I know I know...the pic is a little blurry...b​ut it's her little official FOOTPRINT!​!!


See my cute little foot...I got the red dye on Daddy's pant leg from my footprinti​ng...oooop​s!


We are officially a family!!!


Look...my Nana loves me and I love her!


Mommy and beautiful little Lily


Proud Parents!

At the Notary's office with our official documents!

On the streets of Nanchang..​people coming up and looking at Sophie with Daddy!

Proud Dada's!

Pooped out after a long day...It's a tough job being so cute!

All stretched out and sleeping good!
Hi Ya'll!  This was actually written yesterday(Tues 5/17/10)  But I didn't add pics until this morning, so I am a little behind!!!

Today is Tuesday, 05/17/11 in Nanchang, China!  Sunday night...our first night with Sophie went great.  Yesterday, 05/16/11 was our OFFICIAL Adoption Day!!! Sophie slept until 5am and did really well.  We fed her a bottle and played with her and she went back to sleep.  We were given overnight to decide whether or not we wanted to keep Sophie...WELL   DUHHHH....of COURSE we are keeping this precious angel gift from God.  No questions, no doubts...she is ours!!!!  We got ready to go to the Civil Affairs Office and the Notary Office for our official adoption paperwork.  Well...we got Sophie ready, all cutesy and pretty in this really cute pink outfit with ruffles across her little tush and with matching hairbow and blanket, and as we were going out the door...it happened...our very first BLOWOUT!!!  Needless to say, we had to rush to change her and change out her little pink bow to match her new outfit...yep we ended up being late...seeee Sophie really is gonna fit in really well her new family!!!  We finally headed out and went to the Civil Affairs Office where Sophie got her foot print made and we gave our orphanage donation, had a family picture made and Sophie had a picture made for her passport.  We were officially asked questions about the adoption and were given an official thumbs up, OK she's yours.  Then we went to the Notary office and we were given a certificate with the family photo in a little book that said we were an official family!  Yep...I cried!!!  Poor little Sophie was such a trooper!!!  She did not fuss and Tony had her in the baby carrier and he looked sooo cute carrying her!!!   It was a long day and afterwards we ate dinner at an official bonafide Chinese restaurant...chopsticks, no forks, kind of place.  It was quite funny trying to eat with chopsticks!!!  Today is just a day of REST!!!!  Thank goodness!!!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Karen,

    I am Natalie Markham's sister and can't believe that you are in Nanchang. That is where I am headed next Thursday! I can't believe that our girls are from the same province. So cool. We will have to get them together when we are all settled. God bless the rest of your trip. I am so happy for you being a first time mommy! What a blessing. And she is beautiful.

    Ashley Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ashley,
    I am not sure if you will get this, but I hope all goes well with your trip to get your little one. It is challenging, but do-able! We still have just under a week left before we get to go home, and we are sooo ready to come home! But this is our family journey and we are trying to take it all in so that we can remember for her!
    I am sooo happy for you! When we all get back an settled, we definitely need to get together! It will be so much fun!!! Take care and have a safe and wonderful trip!
    :) Karen Wardell

    ReplyDelete